Is This You?
Tennant Consulting clients are B2B technology companies who want to grow their business to the next level. Frequently, they want additional help with strategy, business, sales, marketing, alliances, products and/or services.
If you are…
- A founder or CEO of a venture-backed company,
- A GM, SVP, VP, Senior Director of a business unit of a larger company, or
- A CEO or COO of a mid-size company
…who feels your team does not have the expertise or bandwidth to accomplish your growth objectives, let’s talk.
You may be a startup founder with a dog in a garage, or an executive at the world’s largest software company. Perhaps you’re a CEO, General Manager, or VP of a company who needs to make a change and accelerate growth. If you’re in a high-tech company and responsible for growing the business, whatever your role, whatever your stage of development, I’ve helped others at that stage grow their business.
Do you have one of these situations?
Common challenges our clients had before engaging Tennant Consulting…
Vision & Strategy
- “We’re unsure what it will take to get our performance to the next level”
- “We don’t really have a strategy to grow that we agree on”
- “Company progress is too slow”, or “Our performance is unsatisfactory”
- “We are unable to deliver new product that moves the needle”
- “We do not have a product roadmap that resonates with clients”
- “We are unable to create new products that increase valuation”
- “Our sales cycles and product adoption cycles are too long”
- “Our sales force is underperforming” or “We’re on our fourth VP of Sales in four years…”
- “We rely on “heroes” and do not have a replicable sales process”
- “Our board says we need to upgrade our marketing”
- “We’re having trouble deciding strategic direction”
- “Our investor says we need to pick the right market opportunity”
- “We need to improve product adoption and customer success”
- “We need to reposition our higher margin services and turn around a sales decline”
- “We need an updated services strategy that works with the channel”
Does your situation sound like one of these? If so, we can probably help.
Partial Client List
- Big Axe Technology
- Cryptine Networks
- Grid Dynamics
- Rolling Thunder
- Supply Focus
- And many more “pre-name”!
Emerging Growth Companies
- Content Management Corporation
- GeoPraxis (now Autodesk)
- Calypso Technologies
- MedeFinance (now MedeAnalytics)
- TrustedData (now Drobo)
- Technology Ventures Corporation
- Tidebreak Software
- Andersen Consulting*
- Cisco Systems
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico*
- Detroit Edison*
- First Nationwide Bank*
- Ford Motor Company*
- State of Michigan*
- Riverside County, California*
- The Capital Group*
- Trust Company of the West*
- Visa, Inc.*
- Zions Bank*
You are most likely to be successful with Tennant Consulting if…
- The project is a high priority. Your time will be needed to frame the project, confirm assumptions, and engage stakeholders. You’ll also be involved supporting implementation of recommendations.
- You are collaborative, open to new ideas and ways of working. You will experience this in our initial meetings.
- You want to develop capacity in your own company. We work on changing your organization to become highly performing.
Indicators we are unlikely to be a good fit…
- You are not in the technology industry, or your solutions are not technology-enabled. Not our focus.
- You have a strong vision for how things should be done, and don’t want to change. Just keep doing what you’re doing.
- You live in another country looking for a sales rep in the U.S. Not what we do.
- You want tactical marketing assistance – like a Google Adwords campaign, SEO optimization of your website, Salesforce.com implementation, campaign execution. While we can do some of these or know people who do, if this is all you need, there are less expensive specialists.
- You want tactical project management assistance — once again, there are less expensive pure project and program management specialists.
Learn more about our services, or contact us to get started.